Sunday, October 29, 2006

Geek Dreams

I love books. Some women buy shoes, some men buy electronics, I buy books. When I left Seattle, I brought about 20 boxes books of books with me, and that was after selling 80% of my collection.

So, for a book geek like me, The Tucson Friends of the Library book sale is a dream come true. I look forward to the two or three sales they hold each year. I get lots of books -- cheap -- and they get lots of money from people like me (and used booksellers who must be nearly orgasmic at the thought of the potential profit margin).

Among the treasures this time:

Imperfect Thirst by poet Galway Kinnell
Wherever You Lay Your Head by poet Jane Miller
Paris Spleen by poet Charles Baudelaire
The Mystic Vision, Eranos Lectures, edited by Joseph Campbell
Three Faces of Being: Toward an Existential Clinical Psychology by Ernest Keen
Moral Consciousness and Communicative Action by Jurgen Habermas
Virus of the Mind by Richard Brodie
Anatomy of Criticism by Northrop Frye
Candor & Perversion by Roger Shattuck

I may have been the only person who would have seen value in some of these books. That's cool. There were many others waiting for their person to find them.


No comments: