Sunday, June 04, 2006

Issue #2 of Integral Review Now Available

The second issue of Integral Review is now available. They claim to be a twice annual publication, but the first issue was last spring, so it's looking more like a once yearly.

One piece of good news from the editor's comments is the soon to be published AQAL: Journal of Integral Theory and Practice, the new journal from the Integral Institute/Integral University folks. I look forward to seeing what they have to offer. It appears from the editorial comments that they have some differences of opinion, so it'll be interesting see what AQAL looks like in terms of content.

I admire their mission with the Integral Review, but for me -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- it's too academic and dry. It's a peer-reviewed publication, which means academics writing for academics. In general, this is not a bad thing as it will certainly produce some deeper thinking among integral theorists. But academic writing is so dry that the desert outside my window feels succulent in comparison.

Anyway, check it out. Maybe it's just me who feels put off by the writing.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: