Friday, April 14, 2006

Announcement

[I just posted this at Raven's View.]

I wasn't sure if or when I was going to do this, but today seems like the perfect day. And now seems like the perfect time.

For Christians around the world, today is Good Friday, the day Jesus died for their sins. On Sunday, millions of people will celebrate the Resurrection, the foundation of Christian belief.

This form of sacrifice is an old myth, pre-dating Jesus by many, many years. It captures the essence of the spring renewal celebrations that have existed as long as humans have been growing their own food. People used to sacrifice virgins or warriors to ensure fertile fields and the health of the community. Jesus' death echoes that pattern of sacrifice.

We no longer hold such mythic beliefs, for the most part, yet such practices have power in our psyches or Christianity would have died out centuries ago.

On this day, in keeping with the theme of sacrifice, I am shutting down Raven's View indefinitely. If and when it is resurrected, it will be with a new focus, and maybe on a new service. Blogger is a good place to start, but the frequent outages are driving me crazy.

This blog started as a way for me to write about what mattered to me. Over time, it became more and more focused on politics (especially as I launched
Integral Fitness Solutions and Integral Options Cafe).

What was once a space for me to vent my frustrations has become an obsession with exposing the stupidity I see in government at all levels. There are many other blogs that provide the same service and do it better than I can. Besides, I find myself being more and more angry, which is not very productive.

So I am going to focus my blogging efforts on finding what works in the world and how we can lead better lives -- and I will be doing it at
Integral Options Cafe. I hope that you will join me over there as I explore ways to change the world one person at a time, starting with me.

I want to thank those who have read my blog on a semi-regular basis and who have linked to me over the last year or so. This was hard work at times, extremely educational, and often fun. But it is time to move in a new direction.

PEACE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, congradulations on your choice to move on. I know it must be difficult. Make sure to have a celebration of some kind. All change needs to be recognized.
Erica