Sunday, March 26, 2006

Gratitude, Day 18


[Image from the Washington Post]


Gotta love the Cinderella. Today I am grateful for an 11 seed beating a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. George Mason University beat favored UConn in overtime, 86-84. I'm not sorry to see UConn fall, since they beat the UW the other night. The people who are supposed to know these things picked at least 40 teams ahead of GMU in the seedings -- guess they were wrong.

So, today I am grateful for Cinderellas, the underdogs no one thinks will succeed, who yet find a way to do the unthinkable.

What are you grateful for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

speaking of stress relievers, I'm grateful for new episodes of The West Wing and Everwood -- I don't watch much television, but the little I do watch helps me unplug from my overachiever self, and I'm super grateful for opportunities to do that

Anonymous said...

I am grateful that the weekend is over, it was a confusing and overwhelming couple of days. Just having a new chunk of time is a relief.

Erica